Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He's got bad leg .and it's really bothering him. His leg…

Customer Question
He's got bad leg...

He's got bad leg .and it's really bothering him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

His leg shorter than other one but seems like he twisted or something its bothering him

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

2yrs old he's only 2lbs..jojo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No he pretty good just as little handicap. Trying figure if I could give him like a quarter of babe asprin

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
He's really favoring it more than usual
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 3 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you. If he is in a lot of pain we can give Buffered Aspirin at 5 mg per pound of body weight every 12 hours. If you do not have the Buffered Aspirin you can give Regular Aspirin but I suggest you give with food. Have the dog seen in the morning and let the Vet know what you have given tonight, so they make sure not to give a contraindicated medication.If you give me the dogs weight I can get you a dosage for the Aspirin.

Please hit reply to discuss this information and a dosage.

Joan

2.2 lbs

That would be 10 mg.which is an exteme.

Joanlly smal.l amount. I would suggest going to a Compounding Pharmacy and see if the can mix the correct dose. Even using a Baby Aspirin which is 81mg, that would be 1/8 of the tablet. If you can shave the aspirin into a powder off the pill, the small amount you shave would be more than enough. The best situation would be the coumpounding phramacy can get you the accurate amount

Joan

Did you need further help? I hope the Aspirin helped.

Joan