Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

A metal puppy play pen fell on my 12 week old shih tzu (my 3…

Customer Question
A metal puppy play...

A metal puppy play pen fell on my 12 week old shih tzu (my 3 year old knocked it on him when he was sleeping). He is only 2-3 lbs. He has seemed mostly OK but sleeping more and seems to be breathing faster.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the dog's name?

Mochi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mochi?

I'm not sure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Poor thing

Gums pink?

Pupils same size?

Able to stand on all four legs?

Breathing through nose still?

Paul

Can't see his gums, his irises are dark too and he's super sleepy, can't keep eyes open.Gums are pink.Is able to stand on all four legs.Is breathing through nose but seems to be breathing harder and faster than usual.The incident happened about 5 hours ago also.
Sorry, meant that I can't see his pupils.
Are you still there?