Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 13 year old Beagle can not hold his rear up and is

Customer Question
My 13 year old...

My 13 year old Beagle can not hold his rear up and is shaking. What can I do to help him?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Riley 13 years diabedic and blind

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry Riley has that. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Riley?

Just that

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 21 days ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Riley is having some trouble with his hind end. Is he on any pain medication for arthritis or anything else?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
he takes Medicame

I wonder if he needs another pain medication added in. The shaking may be a sign of pain. Do you check his blood glucose at home? Is his diabetes regulated?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
no phone call, just tell me if I need to take him in to Vet tonight
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I give him 25 mls morning and night

I'm guessing you mean 25 units, right? If he's got well controlled diabetes and is only getting Metacam for pain, I would ask your vet about adding in another pain medication such as gabapentin or tramadol.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian