Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have been giving him 2 drops the oil is that ok

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Canibus oil is that ok
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you want to know if cannabis oil is safe to give. Is that correct?

Cannabis oil has been used more and more in veterinary medicine and it appears to be safe under most circumstances. There is no approved dose and the use of the oil is very experimental at this point. There are concerns about quality as it is not regulated by the FDA, so that is something that needs to be considered as well. But the answer to your question is that if the quality of the product is good then it appears to be safe for use in dogs at this point.

Does that help to answer your question?

Just checking in. How is Cruz doing?