Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

What are the rules on rabies re-vaccination-can it be

Customer Question
What are the rules...

What are the rules on rabies re-vaccination-can it be counted for revac. if within 1 yr-2weeks?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog-received rabies on march 17, 2017 and have appt. tomorrow and would like the rabies to be 3 yr.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Are you there?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Are you a robot? the dog is not hurt I am trying to find out about shots

Veterinarian's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the vet more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Ask about rules concerning revaccination

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

To answer you directly, regardless of when a previous rabies vaccine was given, the next can be one approved for 3 year protection. I don't understand "...if within 1 yr-2 weeks?"

Please clarify.

Just to recap-my dogs had rabies shot on March 17, 2017. I wanted them to get the 3 yr Rabies tomorrow and they are saying it can only be a 1 yr because it is more than 1 yr since the last.

Thank you. You're being told nonsense. Please consider another vet or vaccine clinic who will give your dog a 3 year vaccine. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

That's what I thought! I am a Pediatrician and I would think rules are similar with regard to vaccinations in children and pets!

You're correct, Dr. Why they would make up something so wrong and easily researched is beyond me. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?