Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is not acting himself and is just lying around. Chester…

Customer Question
He is not acting...

He is not acting himself and is just lying around

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Chester not very old black lab and beagle

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
He’s not responding much to anything I have to pick him up to get on the couch
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please call me right away
Please can you call me
Tell me what could be wrong with him
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 3 months ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for asking your question and trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 18 years of experience. I am unfortunately unable to make a phone call due to laws in my state but I can proceed in this email/conversation form. Many of us veterinarians have this limitation. If you only want a phone call, I can opt out and see if any vet may be able to do that who pops online.

In the meantime I need a bit more information. Lethargy is very nonspecific and can be due to a host of possible issues.

1)Does Chester have any other problems (not eating, vomiting/diarrhea, existing health problems, on medications, new medications)?

2) Has anything changed recently (new food, new treat, ingestion of a toy, etc)?

3) What do his gums look like? Are they normal pink and moist to the touch or are they pale/white or yellow?