Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 35 lb spaniel mix just ate about 1/2 cup of Lipton French…

Hi. My 35...

Hi. My 35 lb spaniel mix just ate about 1/2 cup of Lipton French onion soup. Is there anything I can do now?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Ninja, he is 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ninja?

No, thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

The soup and not the soup mix?
Paul

Hello, it was the soup, made from the mix.

Okay

You are fine

Small amounts of onion and onion powder on a one time basis are not going to cause any major problems at all

No need for treatment

I do not expect any adverse effects whatsoever

They need to eat quite a bit of onion or garlic to have problems

I hope that helps!

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Thanks!