Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is 10 years old, has myositis, and has had two surgeries…

Customer Question
Hello. She is...

Hello. She is 10 years old, has myositis, and has had two surgeries in the last year to remove squamous cell lumps from her tongue. Due to the myositis, she is having difficulty eating, as her muscles have severely wasted. She is drooling constantly and is now having blood in the drool.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is Carlie. She is approximately 10 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Carlie?

10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Carlie?

Not that i can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Carlie has myositis and difficulty eating. Is your vet treating her with any medication for the myositis?

20 mg prednisone per day

Okay. And how much does she weigh?