Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I video taped my dog doing a honking sound. It started this…

Customer Question
Hello there. I video...

Hello there. I video taped my dog doing a honking sound. It started this morning and at first I thought he was clearing his throat. My son said that he was doing it off and on all day. He is breathing fine right now but occasionally starts making that honking sound. He is a 10yr old pug. Can I upload the video for you? My goal is to take him to the vet tomorrow because they are closed right now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

He has never made this honking sound before while breathing

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

He is not showing any signs of discomfort. He ate dinner without any problems. He is making a honking sound occasionally when he is breathing

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is a 10yr old Pug

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Chaos?

10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chaos?

He is chunky because he does not care to exercise. Otherwise healthy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me that recording?

Paul