Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a six week, almost 7 week old puppy. He has been fine…

Customer Question
I have a six week...
I have a six week, almost 7 week old puppy. He has been fine until tonight. Runny stoles, lethargic. Rest of the litter s fine. Store was out of their original food so we had to get different.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Mick, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr Mick
Dr Mick, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. I'm Dr Mick. I would be happy to help out with Blue. Abrupt diet changes can cause inflammation in the intestines, especially in puppies. I would recommend giving him a little bit of pedialyte with a syringe to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. You can also feed him some boiled chicken and rice to help calm down his intestines. Adding 1 teaspoon of canned pumpkin to his food will help with that as well. You can also get a puppy probiotic from the pet store (Forti-flora is a great one) to help with the diarrhea.

Hi Dianne,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Blue. How is everything going?

Dr Mick