Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My nine months old cat has conjunctivitis. He has been

Customer Question
My nine months old...

My nine months old cat has conjunctivitis. He has been treated for the condition a week ago. It has returned. We are waiting for the Medical Director of the shelter where we got him to get back to us.What can I do now?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

It is nine months old cat. Can someone help please?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

OK, I did not see that message previously, sorry.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

His eye looks pinkish around the rim, it is watering clear liquid. He keeps it shut most of the time. When it is open, it seems pretty normal. Doesn't seem to be having any pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Skimbleshanks, but I have been calling him Alfie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Skimbleshanks?

There is another cat adopted at the same time, Fozzie who is five months . Skimbleshanks purrs a lot, loves petting, is eating well. seems not to be bothered by the eye. But me on the other hand...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the eyes?

Paul

It will take me a while, in a wheel chair. Have a cell phone. Where should I send the photo?

Hi again

Just attach it to this link using the paperclip on the toolbar

Paul

It will take me a while, in a wheelchair. Have a cell phone. Where should I send the photo?I have a photo f the infected eye, but do not see a paperclip, maybe +add files, will that work?

Correct :)

It will take me a while, in a wheelchair. Have a cell phone. Where should I send the photo?I have a photo f the infected eye, but do not see a paperclip, maybe +add files, will that work?OK I do not know how to get the photo from my cel phone to you without an addree. I have it in my gmail ready to send. Can you telll me where to send it?
It will take me a while, in a wheelchair. Have a cell phone. Where should I send the photo?I have a photo f the infected eye, but do not see a paperclip, maybe +add files, will that work?OK I do not know how to get the photo from my cell phone to you without an address. I have it in my gmail ready to send. Can you tell me where to send it?
OK I do not know how to get the photo from my cell phone to you without an address. I have it in my gmail ready to send. Can you tell me where to send it?

Just text it to me at(###) ###-####:)

Your response was not timely enough. We took the cat to our vet the next day where he was successfully treated. Thank you.