Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a lump on one side of his nose. He has been sneezing…

Customer Question
He has a lump...

He has a lump on one side of his nose. He has been sneezing blood. I have taken him to the Vet and they say they can't tell without X-ray. Previous to this they looked up his nose and saw no obstruction.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Lab, age seven.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes. He is a labador.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the Lab's name?

Ali

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ali?

Not that I am aware of. What other things are you asking about?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Are you able to send me a photo of the lump?

Have they discussed aspirating the lump for cytology?

Paul

what is aspirating?

Putting a needle into to collect cells

I am at work.

Okay

Can you send when home?

Paul

Not today.