Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He opened a pack of halls cough drops....he may have eaten…

Customer Question
He opened a pack...

He opened a pack of halls cough drops....he may have eaten one or two, we found wrappers with remnants of sticky pieces. Will it make him sick?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Mini Aussie (dog)...about 23-25 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Cody about 9/10 yrs...a rescue we got 4 yrs ago they thought he was 5/6 at the time

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cody?

He once had acute pancreatitis and has arthritis pain issues. He's very separation anxious and is on Clomicalm and tramadol and Meloxicam.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Kathryn, 1-2 halls are not going to be toxic to Cody, at worst he may vomit or get diarrhea otherwise he will be okay. I would not worry about it if I were you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter