Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a swollen butthole I’m not sure what’s going on.

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a swollen butthole I’m not sure what’s going on

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?

Yoko 1.5 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Yoko?

Nope she is very healthy and has her shots The only allergy she has is to the rabies shot but she has it

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is she licking her butt?

3- Can you post a picture of her anus on this thread?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
She is still acting the same, low energy but not lethargic. She usually has low energy the day after we go on a trip. She was out playing in the mountains yesterday so I’m not sure if that & the dust made it worse.

Can you take a picture raising her tail?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I will try but she tried nipping me earlier when I tried so I left her alone. It must be really sensitive for her to show her teeth at me. She would have never done that to me otherwise

Friend, if she is biting do not try it; I don't want you getting hurt.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay. Sorry about that , she does not want me around her bottom

Friend, in order to evaluate the area we would need to see it. So, I would recommend having her checked by your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination. In the meantime, I am going to opt out of the question so you are not charged. Thanks.

Dr. Peter

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian