Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 35 lb shepard might ate some of my 5mg systolic unsure if…

My 35 lb shepard...

My 35 lb shepard might ate some of my 5mg systolic unsure if she did what should i do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Luna is her name and she is 4 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna?

No she grabbed pilll bottle and chewed it and there was the meds all over the floor

3/28/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- What is the name of the medication?

2- How many pills did you find?

3- How many pills come in the bottle?

4- How many hours has it been since she ate it?

systolic 5 mg tablet
month supply is 30 missing 2 they were all over floor
less than 1 hour ago

Friend, I can not find the active ingredient with the name systolic, is there another name?

no call
bystolic (nebivolol)

Please disregard the phone call request this is sent by the website automatically, not me.

1- So, only 2 pills are missing, correct?

Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

ok

Friend, bystolic (nebivolol) is not a medication used in dogs; we don't have a toxic or therapeutic dose. I would recommend trying to make Luna vomit with peroxide. This is what you can do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide 3% orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- If she does not vomit or you do not see the pills in the vomit I would either have her observed at your nearest ER veterinarian or you can observe her at home for the next 24 hours. Symptoms that would require an ER vet visit are lethargy, weakness, difficulty breathing or panting excessively, etc.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter