Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a pregnant stray and she has tiks ticks

Customer Question
I have a pregnant...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 3 months ago
Heath Wilkerson

Hi, Dr. W here. That's exciting! but I'm sorry to hear about the ticks. Any of the topical products should be fine during pregnancy (Fronline Plus, Advantage Multi, Vetra 3d, etc). Some of these are over-the-counter, some (like Advantage Multi) you will need to get from your vet but it also has the added benefit of getting rid of intestinal worms which is very important during pregnancy.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! I’ll be online for another hour or so. It’s my pleasure to help you and your pet! Please remember to “ACCEPT AN ANSWER” in the top right hand corner of your screen, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION 5-STARS (so I will receive credit for helping you). Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks and have a great night! (or day depending on what time zone you are in :)

Dog Veterinarian: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 3 months ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Heath Wilkerson