Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have 2 Pomeranians and between them I think they just ate…

Hi I have...

Hi I have 2 Pomeranians and between them I think they just ate a Belgium chocolate chip cookie

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

I have 2 dogs that were involved! Ted is 2 years old and Evie is 11months. Thank you

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Ted & Evie

3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Milk chocolate?

Paul

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Belgium Triple Chocolate Cookie
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you

Oh that sounds delicious

I can be a little tongue and cheek because I do not expect any problems at all

The Theobromine, Caffeine and Methylxanthine levels ingested are not enough to cause even GI signs

No need for treatment

I hope that helps!

Paul

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok. It was a 60g large triple chocolate cookie, the ingredients state 15% plain chocolate

Yes I factored that into the calculations

Between them it is not going to be an issue, even if one ate all of it

Paul

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Oh that’s great thank you so much.
You’ve put our minds at rest, thank you :)

Very welcome

Please update me in an hour

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you. Have a good evening.
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian