Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm missing one 200 mg Naproxen and I have four dogs two big…

Okay I'm missing one...

Okay I'm missing one 200 mg Naproxen and I have four dogs two big and two little

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

And I don't know if they took it or not and it's only been an hour and I want to know what to do there are no symptoms as of yet

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

None of my dogs are sick I'm just missing one 200 mg Naproxen and I'm concerned one might have ate it

3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

What is the weight of your smallest dog?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
13
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
They are all in great health eat the best foods get plenty of exercise and are relatively Young

Okay if that one ate the Naproxen then ingested dose is about 30.0 mg/kg

Any vomiting?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No they're all in playful moods and it's been an hour since I lost the pill

Okay

The dosage ingested is enough to cause vomiting and/or diarrhea in the littlest one but not high enough to cause kidney issues

And since we dont know which one ate it I suggest we wait and watch

Should know within another hour or two

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can handle sick I can't handle death these dogs are my babies

Correct

If we do not see GI signs then we will not see anything

So lets watch for vomiting

Update me in an hour

You can also give food to them all and Pepcid AC at 1.0 mg/kg now

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok

Great

I will look for your update in one hour

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you to update me

I will stay with you till this is sorted

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian