Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 8.5 year old female dog has a small bump on her nose

(about the size of a...
my 8.5 year old female dog has a small bump on her nose (about the size of a tick) just below her eyes. Probably about a week ago, (give or take a day) is when it first appeared. I thought it was a tick because I found a tick on one of my dogs just a couple days earlier.
When I pinched it off I realized it wasn't a tick and I had basically picked a scab off, with a little hair attached. The skin was pink under the scab and I have a young adult golden female that's been picking fights with some of my dogs. So then I thought maybe it was a small bite and was healing.
It definitely has not gotten any bigger, but I don't feel like its any smaller either.
(Backstory: several months ago one of her daughter's, 5 years old, had a nut removed from below her ribcage but above her mammaries. It appeared literally over night and was the size of a chick pea. It was easily removed, clear margins, and pathology report said it had less than 1% chance of recurrence. In addition to that daughter, we just last week found an mct one of her granddaughters lower back leg a small lump that has been identified as an MCT also. So you can understand my fear in sure.
I have several photos of the bump on her nose from different perspectives.
3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a picture of the lump?

Paul

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have a few more from different angles but not sure they'd offer any additiinal insight.
20180327_162846.jpg2018032...jpg20180327_164748.jpg2018032...jpg20180327_163757.jpg2018032...jpg20180327_163537.jpg2018032...jpg20180327_164839.jpg2018032...jpg

Got em

Give me a minute :)

Paul

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Oh, I just remembered I had wart removed from her ear last year, but if memory serves me that was actually above the skin.

The images are taking a really long time to download

Please be patient with me

Paul

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sorry, I should've resized them.

Might help

First one is still only 30% downloaded

Okay I moved locations and found better signal LOL

And my wife is a double board certified veterinary pathologist so I late her have a gander also

This is a benign lump- most likely adnexal in origin and nothing to worry about

No need to remove it unless it is bothering her

If it continues to enlarge or changes character (adheres to underlying tissue, rapid growth, ulcerates) then it should be aspirated for cytology or removed for histopathology

I hope that helps!

Paul

Very welcome!

I was and am the same way

Please update me in 5-7 days time

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Perfect! Thank you again!

My pleasure

Talk in a week

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about Grace. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian