Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a dislocater leg/hip. I've seen the xrays. I had…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a dislocater leg/hip. I've seen the xrays. I had to take to dog home from the vet until the swelling decreased. A week later took him back and the vet said he is fixed. "I can tell by looking at him. take the dog home." The dog is NOT Fixed. He still can't put his foot down and has some bleeding from the leg.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?

Dog's name is***** He's about 4 yrs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tator?

Do not get in touch with the vet. I believe he's ripping me off. I still owe him money and feel that he's not going to do any more for the dog until he's paid in full.

Veterinarian's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

How do I get to the next page?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

I have read your dog's history...how can I help you today?

I am standing by to help you.....how can I assist you today with Tater Tot?

You don't have my original question?

I have the whole history, but I do not see a question in the history.....

What is your question?

I understand your dog's hip was/is dislocated.....but what is your question?

Are you there??

Ok, since you are not responding to me I will opt out so another expert can help you with this....take care...

OK. The vet couldn't do anything because of swelling. He told me to take the dog home and keep him quiet. I did and returned the dog to the vet one week later. (That was the vets suggestion) He took the dog into the back for about an hour and came back and said the dog was OK. He sad the dislocation had go back by itself. he said he knew it was fixed because he could tell by looking. The dog is NOT nearly fixed.
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It would appear that the most reasonable thing to do would be to find another vet - one willing to X-ray your dog's hip to confirm or deny that the luxation (dislocation) had reduced itself. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Can a vet look at a dog and determine that the hip is no longer located?
Obviously meant dis located

No, that requires X-rays although some dislocated hips are easy to confirm by direct visualization and palpation/flexion/extension testing of the joint.

Thank you.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.