Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has jelly consistancy of poo. Lenny he's 2 and a

My dog has jelly...

My dog has jelly consistancy of poo

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?

Lenny he's 2 and a half

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lenny?

I don't think so

3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Any change in diet?

History of eating something should not have?

Paul

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No change in diet. We gave him a bone a few days ago.. and he did throw a little bit of it up. We since threw it away.. the strange poo happened yesterday afternoon, then he took a normal movement this morning and just again now it was back to the jelly like consistency.

Okay that is acute colitis

Not a major problems and easily fixed

Continue to feed

Add 1-2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin to each meal for a few days

Give Imodium at 0.1 mg/kg three times a day for 24 hours

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
That is what I was thinking. I was also reading that we might want to consider changing his food to chicken broth and white rice for the next few days. Is that advisable or should we just add the tbs pumpkin to his normal dog food?

I would just push on and not change diet

Pumpkin will do the trick :)

Paul

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Sounds good, thank you! How long do you think we should wait until we see a change?

Should be resolved in 24 hours with the Imodium and pumpkin

Update me tomorrow same time

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian