Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is very lethargic today he is 10 years old and

My dog is very...

My dog is very lethargic today he is 10 years old and starting yesterday throwing up small amounts of yellow foam

3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Any desire to eat or drink?

Abdominal swwlling?

Gums pink?

Breathing okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am in a wheelchair so give me some time

No problem :)

Good morning

Paul

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
does to eat not want to eat or drink but every thing else is fine

Okay I wonder if this is acute gastritis- hopefully that is all it is

Of course at ten we have to consider pancreatitis and kidney/liver disease etc etc

But lets try Zantac at 1.0 mg/kg three times a day for a few days

No food till later tonight

Water is fine

Can also offer pedialyte and no salt chicken broth

You should update me later today

Are you able to get the Zantac and pedialyte?

Paul

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I can get chicken broth I am not sure about Zyrtec

Not Zrytec...Zantac :)

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
not zantac until 6 pm I don't know if the dose is normal

Zantac at 1.0 mg/kg is the right dose

How much does your dog weigh?

Paul

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
9 LBS

Okay lets go with Pepcid AC instead

1/2 of a 10.0 mg tablet twice a day

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
ok can do that

Good stuff

Okay I will look for your update tomight

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Doctor Paul was very helpfulvery knowledgably very pleasant on a scale of 1-5 being the best
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I give him a 5

Thanks

To rate me you have to click on the "rate now" button on your screen :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian