Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

HES A 14 YEAR OLD WEIMER AND HE IS THROWING UP MUCUS AND ITS…

HES A 14 YEAR...

HES A 14 YEAR OLD WEIMER AND HE IS THROWING UP MUCUS AND ITS THICK AND HAS CAUSED HIM TO STOP BREATHING AT ONE POINT HE IS RESTING NOW AND EATING GRASS AND DRINKING A LITTLE WATER BUT THIS GUY AT 14 HAS NEVER REFUSED ANY FOOD AND WILL NOT EAT BOILED CHICKEN ANY INPUT WOULD HELP , HE IS ON CIPRO FOR A LEG INFECTION AND WE JUST LOST MY DAD AND ARE FINANCIALLY IN A BAD SPOT RIGHT NOW ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

NO

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

JAKE 14 YEARS OLDER WEIMER

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about JAKE?

JAKE HAS SEVERAL TUMORS BUT HAS KEPT HIS WEIGHT UP TO 88 LBS BUT IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS HE HAS BEEN LOSING WEIGHT

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long and how many times has he vomited?

Paul

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ITS BEEN FOR 2 DAYS NOW , BUT I HAVE SEEN HIM DO THIS COUGH AND MUCUS BEFORE AND IT HAS NOT BEEN A PROBLEM

Okay lets manage as acute gastritis

Give Zantac at 1.0 mg/kg three times a day

No food today

Water, pedialyte or no salt chicken broth in small amounts is fine

Update me tonight

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
DOC I AM PRETTY STRAPPED FOR CASH I AM A RETIRED NAVY VET THAT JUST LOST MY FATHER AND JAKE HAS BEEN A PART OF OUR FAMILY FOR 14 YEARS THANKS WE WILL TRY THE ZANTAC 1MG
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
THANKS SO MUCHFRANK

Very welcome Frank!

Please keep me updated on things

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian