Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is drooling excessively and acting very strange he won’t…

He is drooling excessively...

He is drooling excessively and acting very strange he won’t come to me and doesn’t really seem to want to walk very far very odd behavior

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

He doesn’t have any wounds He is kind of moving his head spastically not constantly back some

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

He is kind of moving his head spastically not constantly back some

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How long has this been going on for?

How old is he and what breed?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is a Scotty male born in October and it just started happening about 45 minutes ago I’ve checked around to see if he could’ve gotten into anything but I come up blank
Phone call session started

Thanks for chatting

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mac is about the same. Drooling isn’t as excessive but he is still drooling and still won’t come to me he acts like he wants to drink water but isn’t

Okay

Would you feel more comfortable having him examined?

I would

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is your best guess Dr. Paul that he’s eaten something toxic ?

Best guess is that he ate something and it causing irritation in his mouth

Not toxic per se

You can try giving something really tasty to eat and see if we can get the taste out of mouth

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I gave him a couple little pieces of steak and he ate it should I just keep my eyes on him for a bit longer

Yes

Great job!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If he had eaten something toxic would he not eat or drink ?

Correct

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well he’s eaten some steak but doesn’t want to drink. I watch him for a bit longer and see if things change. He acts a bit paranoid

Okay

Dont get too worried

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian