Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Vomiting and diarrehea Daugter sick and now dog. Tucker and…

Vomiting and diarrehea Daugter...

Vomiting and diarrehea Daugter sick and now dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Tucker and almost 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tucker?

He is not himself

3/27/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Tucker. How long has he had vomiting and diarrhea?

Is eh eating?

For 3 or 4 days and he is eating. It is not continuous - like here and there. He has made a mess everywhere.

If he is eating, he may not be seriously ill. There are dozens of conditions that can cause a dog to vomit and have diarrhea: infections, parasites, something he ate, etc.

You can try treat his vomiting with Pepcid AC; how much does he weigh?

I am so sorry but I can't make calls for the website. That offer did not come from me.

He weighs about 12 lbs

He could take 2.5 mg (1/4th of a 10 mg) Pepcid AC (famotidine) for vomiting.

If the vomiting and diarrhea persist, I might consider an Xray.

Ok. I will try the Pepcid AC. Anything else I can do. What should I feed him? Someone told me white rice - I am not sure if dogs are allowed to have that

White rice and boiled chicken are a good bland diet.

Feed him lightly until the diarrhea slows down. You can try 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Pepto Bismal for diarrhea.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
DocPaul
Phone call session started
I can give him both Pepto Bismol and Pepcid AC

Thank you for the great rating! Please let me know how he is doing.

I would start with the Pepcid AC til the vomiting slows, then try the Pepto.

Thank you,

You are welcome.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?