Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He poos perfectly first thing and two or three times in the…

Customer Question
He poos perfectly first...

He poos perfectly first thing and two or three times in the morning then it becomes soft and the last poo of the day (around midday) is liquid

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cocker spaniel 9 months old. Now on grain free kibble. No treats other than a marrow bone in the evening

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the cocker spaniel's name?

Alfie

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot make a diagnosis over the internet, but I can give you some advice regarding your dog. This might be a case where increasing fiber in his diet can solve this issue and firm up the stool to where it is not liquid by the last poop of the day. I would recommend mixing 1 capsule of Metamucil in with the food with some water in the morning. This is a fiber supplement that can help to firm up the stool. I would try that for a week and see if that helps with the stool.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt