Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My york is is all of the sudden licking his two front paws…

Hi my york is...

Hi my york is is all of the sudden licking his two front paws and his mouth seems to be bothering him.- just started- he definitely seems agitated- could it be his teeth? He’s 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

George

3/27/2018
Heath Wilkerson

Hi Dr. W here. I'm sorry to hear this. Yes, it could be his teeth. More often in small dogs like this it is when they get something lodged in between their teeth, especially on the top palate. Are you able to look inside his mouth in between his teeth (especially the top teeth) to see if a stick or plastic or anything is stuck there?

No
I do t want a live call
Do not

that's just the website automatically asking you I think, it's not me

I just want know if I can wait to go to the vet or if I need to go to the emergency clinic- it’s the middle of the night but he seems to be sleeping now

If he's sleeping now, then you should be able to wait. Whatever it was he most likely got it out or swallowed it. I hope you sleep well! It’s my pleasure to help you and your pet! Please remember to “ACCEPT AN ANSWER” in the top right hand corner of your screen, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION 5-STARS (so I will receive credit for helping you). Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! I’ll be online for another hour or so. Thanks and have a great night! (or day depending on what time zone you are in :)

Heath Wilkerson

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Heath Wilkerson