Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He ate a very tiny corner off of orbit spearmint gum about…

Hi he ate a...

Hi he ate a very tiny corner off of orbit spearmint gum about 30 mins ago and weighs about 6-7 lbs. He is acting normal but should I be concerned?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

He is 6 months old that's about it. Thank you!

3/27/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Can you give me an idea of how much of the gum he ate, ex: 10%, 50%, etc.?

Less than %5

Friend, xylitol toxicity is very dependent on the amount consumed. If he ate less than 5% of an Orbit gum this amount of xylitol is not going to be toxic to a 6-7 lbs dog, he will be fine; no symptoms expected.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Thank you!

You're welcome. :)

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian