Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Pug back left leg feels like it's throbbing, inner thigh…

Pug back left leg...

Pug back left leg feels like it's throbbing, inner thigh feels tense, whines, doesn't want to move. swollen lump on inner thigh

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the Pug's name and age?

Ace

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Pug's name?

2 years old 18 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Pug?

This has happened suddenly. He was ok yesterday.

3/27/2018
Sarah Snow

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you with Ace. Where on the leg do you feel throbbing?

Could he have had an injury?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi Dr. Snow, Yes, he could have been injured by a larger dog. The throbbing is on the inner upper thigh

Ok, great, and that is where the lump is correct?

Are there any wounds that you can see?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
it is. No wounds. It feels warm and he's sleeping curled to his left.

Ok, poor guy. How long ago could the injury have happened? Is he breathing normally?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
About 5 hours ago. His breathing is normal.

Ok, that is good news. Is the lump getting any bigger or staying the same size? Do you think you could take a picture of it and upload it?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Staying the same size. Its not something you can see. I can feel it.

Ok, I understand. I'm wondering if it might be a hematoma from trauma. Since you can feel it throbbing, that makes me think injury. Is he on any medications?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No. No current medications. A hematoma? I that a bruise?

Yeah, kind of like a bruise - a blood blister under the skin. If the lump wasn't there yesterday then I don't think its a growth.

I would use an ice pack wrapped in a towel and try cold packing it for 5 - 10 minutes. If no better by morning, then he may need to see his vet to have it checked and get some anti inflammatories!

Sarah Snow
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok. Thank you. I feel better now and will take him to the Vet in the morning. You are wonderful

You're welcome! Please let me know what they say tomorrow. Post back with an update!

Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow
Sarah Snow