Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We just got a new 8 week old pug puppy and took him home on…

We just got a...

We just got a new 8 week old pug puppy and took him home on a long*****and on the way home he intermittently started shaking his head for a few seconds and saliva and possibly mucus from his nose sprayed out like a rain shower. He did this about 4 times on the trip and once since we got him home. He is happy and energetic and playful otherwise but hasn't wanted to eat or drink yet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name?

Bandit

3/27/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Are you still there?

Paul

Hello there

My first reaction when i read your notes was that he was nauseous

Add to that the stress of a new home and you get the now wanting to eat and drink

Please do not worry

Let him settle on tonight

Almost gauranteed he will be back to normal by AM

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much that is pretty much what the breeder said it was a very long car ride and he did just start drinking water so we’re happy about that and he’s resting and playful
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In addition he started this behavior on the car ride and a breeder did warn us that he would get nauseous and carsick so it all makes sense

Very welcome

Okay please update me in the AM

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks so much!
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian