Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

2 year old mix pittbilk Mix pitbull started .ca owin. He's 2…

Customer Question
2 year old mix...

2 year old mix pittbilk Mix pitbull started .ca owin

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Pitbull?

He's 2 and started Friday limping. He is favoring his right hind leg. If he rests for a while he holds it up off the ground but once he uses it a little he seems fine

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes. Didn't see anything Almost like a muscle is stiff and once he uses it it loosens

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the Pitbull's name?

Zeus

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 29 days ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is he a normally very active dog?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
On and off. He is an only dog but sometimes we take him to play with my father in laws German sheppard

Okay thanks for the additional information. Has he every had this issue before? Are you noticing any swelling associated with the leg? Based on his breed and the symptoms that you are describing a common injury that can occur in active dogs is a issue with the knee. Some dogs can tear their ACL ligament in the knee. This usually shows up as limping and sometimes swelling is noticed. That can be diagnosed by your vet with feeling the knee moving abnormally and it feeling very thick. Also x-rays can show fluid in the knee. as well.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian