Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She sprained her right front foot. She is limping and

She sprained her right...

She sprained her right front foot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

She is limping and licking around the wrist area of her paw

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Dusty and she is 4. She is Russian toy terrier and doggie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dusty?

No she is really healthy

3/26/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

When did this happen?

Paul

About an hour ago. We were taking them for a walk in the wildlife area.

Okay thanks

I see this a lot and virtually 100% of the time things resolve in 24 to 48 hours time

Lets give Aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound twice daily with food

Keep her very quiet and update me tonight

Okay?

Paul

Ok thank you..

Very welcome

I will look for your update tonight

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

'Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Dusty is doing better. I gave her a little less than 1/2 a baby aspirin and within the half hour she was up and following me everywhere I went and kept trying to play with her Chihuahua-doggie sister. Trying to keep her down was impossible. Around 6 pm she started slowing down and limping again. Right now she is sleeping and hiding her paw from me. It is still real tender. I will give her another part of the aspirin in the morning if she is still in pain.1

How is she this AM?

Paul

She is doing good. If she is limping it is a slight limp that isn't real noticeable. I watched her when we went out to feed the chickens and I didn't notice a limp. Thank you for your help.

Good news

Thanks

Paul