Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our russel boy licks his leg until it is red raw. It now has…

Customer Question
Our jack russel boy...

Our jack russel boy licks his leg until it is red raw. It now has open sores we have taken him to the vet twice and he has a bucket on his head but he still manages to get to his leg. It seems to ne the leg he doesnt cock when he wees and urine gets on it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

It just wont heal

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

He is called Mike and is 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Mike?

8 years

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.