Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a Shitzu maltese cross aged about 12 whom I believe…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Shitzu maltese cross aged about 12 whom I believe consumed 9 Turkish Delights still in their foil wrappers last Fri night. They are from the share packets so the smaller bars. She is still eating and drinking, but is vomiting her food sometime after back up. I've just watched her pass a poo which was very thin and has no evidence of foil in it. She doesn't seem bothered by it at all, seems happy. I'm worried that she hasn't managed to pass them and that even though she's eating she vomiting. Is there something I can give her to either help her vomit them up or help her to pass them before I can get her to a clinic?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the shitzu eat anything unusual?

Appart from the chocolates in their wrappers no.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 24 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I must say I'm disappointed this has cost me $39 I'm taking her to the vet for an xray this morning.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian