Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

His left eye in the outside corner has been badly bloodshot.

Customer Question
His left eye in...

His left eye in the outside corner has been badly bloodshot. I noticed it about a week ago and it’s still like that. Do I need to call the vet and have him seen? What could be wrong?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He doesn’t seem to hurt

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?

Hotrod is 6 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

He really doesn’t ever get injured

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Veterinarian101
Veterinarian101, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Luke and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am so sorry about your pet. I have over 19 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Are you available to discuss this situation online at this time? (if you get a phone call prompt from the system, please disregard as I am unable to do a phone call at this time).

***************

Can you upload a photo(s) of they bloodshot eye to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.