Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Boston Terrier got a flu shot and her distemper shot on…

Customer Question
My Boston Terrier got...

My Boston Terrier got a flu shot and her distemper shot on March 13, late afternoon. By that night she was walking around like she was in pain and if I tried to touch she tried to bite me. She also had a lump at the jaw joint. I took her back the next morning and the vet said he thought it was just the lymph node reacting to the vaccine. She has progressively got more lumps and 2 of them, the initial one on her jaw, and then another one below that one have bled or ruptured. I’m not sure if she scratched them and caused that or if they ruptured on their own.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is your dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 4 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Dora?

4 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dora?

When she was a puppy and got her first series of shots, one being the flu shot, she reacted. She acted like her body was really sore but that went away after a couple of days. Since then she has not received a flu shot just the others that are required.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 30 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
She still has some lumps all over her body.

Will you please attach pictures of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No, I should have known this was a scam
DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN

I'll be happy to contact customer service for you. Unfortunately, anyone who helps you is going to need to see what you are seeing.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian