Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Need help for my min poodle She is in acute pain limping…

Customer Question
Need help for my...

Need help for my min poodle She is in acute pain limping from pain in hind legs arthritis and Congress displaced patellar and now diarrhea nothing helps almost urinary and fecal incontinence has been treated for IBD no effect has been withdrawing I am loosing her Can y help I love in ORLANDO Fl tried many vets even Accupuncture no effect pls help Is there anyone DVM in ORLANDO Reno can dx and help us pls

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Iassaged her paws did not see a wound? Where to look?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the poodle's name and age?

She is Coco 12 y old born in poland

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the poodle's name?

Coco

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

I wrote above she was apparently born with subluxation both hind legs is limping cannot jump on bed or stand on hind legs X-rays show normal spine abnboth patellar

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Am I going to be contacted? Yes fone call would be nice Weekdays I have therapy at different times so We need to make appt for call please
3/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Please see printscreen below for four specialist veterinary internists near you.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you for the referrals Do y have any suggestion until then Gave her RLsubcut q12hrs She does not eat or drink gave rice water w syringe vomited most so far had no bm or did not urinate
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you I rather take her to be seen I already have an appt Will also call your referral thanks for the response I am a retired physician but not a vet have a good day

The subcutaneous fluids are smart but additional therapy will need to be given parenterally while hospitalized as she can't retain anything given orally at this time. I'm pleased to hear that she'll be attended to promptly.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Agree thank you will do as recommended thank y again

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 23 days ago
Hi Joanna,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian