Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Bichon squirmed out of my hand as I was lifting him out…

My Bichon squirmed out...

My Bichon squirmed out of my hand as I was lifting him out of the car. I was still seated at the time. He hit his head on the concrete. There was no bleeding injury then or now. He got right up and went on his way. I've checked and he has no visible symptoms and is not acting any differently. Any additional things I can do. Vet visit an option if necessary.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Bichon. What is the Bichon's name and age?

Sam and he is 15 years. We've had him in our family since he was 1yr. and have had regular visits with our vet. He is in good health.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sam?

All shots are up to date. He normally sleeps a lot during the day.

3/25/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear what happened to Sam. If he is moving normally, no head tilt, no vomiting, and is eating normally, he is probably OK.

I would monitor him and if nothing shows up in the next 24 hours, he probably is fine. You can look at his eyes, to be sure his pupils are the same size.

Let me know if this is helpful, how he is doing, and if you have other questions.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Thank you so much. His pupils are both normal and my husband and I will both monitor him. I felt so bad for him. He's still following me around like he always had. Fingers crossed.

You are welcome. Thanks for the great rating.