Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a female poodle and a male yorkie, and both of them…

I have a female...

I have a female poodle and a male yorkie, and both of them are unable to poop, even though they have the urge. I suspect it's because they were given bread against my wishes and there may be a blockage. They both have an appetite; I've been giving them organic pumpkin. Since it's Sunday, there's no vet near here that's open.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Daisy the poodle is 14 / Rocky the Yorkie is 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?

She has a lot of medical problems now that she's elderly. Heart murmur, bad teeth, arthritis, and I just took her to the vet on Friday because her eye was swollen shut. Rocky was jumping up and down on Friday and hurt his hind leg, so he is limping very badly. Both of them are in rough shape.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes we looked, no there is no wound. We think he landed on his leg wrong with all his jumping around.

3/25/2018
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Daisy and Rocky are constipated. Are you seeing any kind of feces coming out of them even if it is soft / diarrhea or in small amounts?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I cleaned up some dark liquid in several places on the floor after I got home from work. I try to watch them as they struggle outside, but they insist on trying a distance away where I can't see it. Rocky's poo was the color of butterscotch on Thursday, but now I don't know. One or both of them has been vomiting too.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I can't find my phone, so hang on - I would like you to call me when I find it. I'm a bit of a mess, sorry
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok, I found the phone. I need the prompt again to have you call me
Phone call session started
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian