Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He was nuetered on Friday. He's doing great, he is 5 so his…

He was nuetered on...

He was nuetered on Friday. He's doing great, he is 5 so his scrotum is still there and I see a red spot. Its not hot and he lets me touch it. It looks like a hematoma? Should I be alarmed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Yogi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Yogi?

Nope he is perky, happy and not even interested in the area.

3/25/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Yogi.

This does not sound serious, if the spot is not painful or warm. If it is a hematoma, it will go away with time.

Can you post a picture of this?

That incision looks great. The red area is not a hematoma, just some inflamed skin. If he is not chewing or licking the incision, this should go away as the incision heals.

I love the donut! Much more humane than the cone. This incision looks as good as it could this soon after surgery.

Please let me know how he is doing and if you have other questions.

If this was helpful please let the website know by rating my answer; I strive for a 5 star rating! So if there is anything else I can answer please aksk.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the great rating!