Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog seems okay, i have him cuddled up in his bed i him…

hi my dog seems okay...
hi my dog seems okay, i have him cuddled up in his bed i laid him there with blankets and i actually just brought him his food and water so i know he would drink and eat cause he has a habit of not drinking or eating when im home cause hes excited and jus lays down next to me all day , i havent broguht him to pee yet , do you think thats very important? should i go try make him pee? or let him rest? he seems comfy but not like that lazy where i think i need to be worried , seems like his normal lazy self
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi there

I think it would be good to know that everything is working

And we dont want him "holding it in" :)

Let me know how it goes

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
hello
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
my dog is worrying me now

Hi

Sorry I cant take your call- I am in Auckland airport

But one of the other vets here can help you

What is he doing now that worries you?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
he is kinda sluggish walking and the bruise got worse and peeing blood kinda dark
DrRoyC
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
his heart rate seems normal and other then the lil sluggish seems fine but im not sure

Okay

The bruising is likely to get worse before it gets better

Same for the urine

He likely has some trauma to the kidneys

Lets make sure is drinking and comfortable

Paul

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
hi, so update on nacho i ended up waiting till the morning on bringing him to emergency and his pee was fine no blood and i made him drink a lot so i feel good about him clearing up, now im still seeing him be a little disoriented , it scares me to say but sometime i feel like he lost vision , kinda staring aimlessley somtimes, i see him graudually getting better with those symthoms but im thinking he couldve got hit in his head to hard, if that is the case should i take him to emergency? or hold on and continue to make sure i see improvment?

Hi there

How is Nacho now?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
the blood in his urine was only a one time thing and i guess it wasnt bad becuase he completly was cleared next time he went, but now i see him acting werid, kinda like he cant see, i know he can see but its like somthing he cant see im not really sure why, and hes also acting sluggish, im thinking head injury im not sure, i didnt see his head get hit or anything i dont think, it happend quick so he couldve been hit in the head, the reason i havent took him to emergency is cause i see a lil improvment every 6 hours, im jus a lil worried if theres goona be a point where he stops getting better, or if i jus need him to let him sleep it off, hes been sleeping a lot and ive been bringing him his food and water so he doesnt have to move and can rest

I think that you are doing fine

Agree that as long as he is making incremental improvement we can manage him at home

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
ok thanks paul
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
i didnt need a phone call it says i accepted it

NO worries

You wont be charged for one

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian