Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

14 year old 12 pound dog has tracheal collapse. I for got to…

14 year old 12...

14 year old 12 pound dog has tracheal collapse. I for got to get her cough meds today before the pharmacy closed. i have one pill left to get her to monday. Htdroc/Homat 5-1.5. she takes two a day. I have Robaxin 500mg from a previous injury of another pet. would this work and if so how much?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Fancy 14 Shih tzu

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Just her coughing gets really bad when she misses her meds

3/25/2018
Heath Wilkerson

Hi, Dr. W here. The methocarbamol won't help with coughing unfortunately. Is there a way to get ahold of the pharmacy or the vet's office. If you can get ahold of the vet's office, they could call in a one-day supply to a 24 hour pharmacy in your area.

Heath Wilkerson

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Heath Wilkerson