Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I dropped a 1 mg ropinirole on the floor and can not find…

Customer Question
I dropped a 1...

I dropped a 1 mg ropinirole on the floor and can not find it. I have a 13 lb dachsund that may have found it. HELP! it s 9:20 pm on Saturday. Will this hurt her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Lexi and about 13 lb.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Lexi?

She will be 9 in May.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lexi?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/25/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian replied 29 days ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently, I'm reviewing your question and will be back to you in a few minutes.

I have good news for you. In most studies, this is way too low of a dose to cause any effect in a dog, the studies in rats suggest over 30 mg would be needed to cause symptoms in a dog but again studies weren't done in dogs only rats. Most vets report no effect at all in dogs. If your dog is unusually sensitive to the drug then you'll notice vomiting, weakness, drunken walking and a racing heart rate. If you see any of those symptoms then see the vet right away, IV fluids will get her through until the drug wears off. In most cases, however, there will be no problems and she'll be just fine. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Not necessary to go any further, my wonderful husband found it!!!!

Great!

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian replied 26 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian