Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 8 year old lab is disoriented, He just wants to be

Customer Question
My 8 year old...

My 8 year old lab is disoriented, He just wants to be outside but doesn't seem to have to go to poop or pee

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the lab's name and age?

Buddy and he will be 9 in July He is a LAB and about 90 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Buddy?

8.5 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?

He seems to not want to lie down like maybe he has hip problems?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/25/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Buddy, please?

Disorientation is a term we use when a patient's mentation (mental status) is altered by ingestion of a prescription or recreational drug or other chemical, or an encephalopathy (brain disorder) exists.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian