Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My blue healer has a cut inbetween the pads of her right…

My blue healer has...

My blue healer has a cut inbetween the pads of her right foot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

No just a little and it happened 3 or 4 days ago. I won't have the money to take her to the vet until april 1st. and was thinking of giving her moamoxicillin

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Dusty

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dusty?

She is about 4 years old and very active

3/24/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear Dusty has a cut between her pads on her foot.

She probably does not need systemic antibiotics for this cut, unless it is very deep or swollen. I would try a topical antibiotic such as Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic on the cut.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can do that, how about cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how about cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
anyone there?

Yes, you can clean with peroxide, but it might sting.

I might just clean with soap and water, and use the Neosporin.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the great rating!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian