Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm not sure. I think he may have ingested some type of

Customer Question
I'm not sure. I...

I'm not sure. I think he may have ingested some type of poison. I wish I could send you a video of what he's doing. First of all, he's like my baby so he's always is right by me he comes to me he will obey me . He's usually on the couch right beside me he's staying in his bed which is kind of like an inside dog house so he's inside of it he's just like moving his head all around looking all over the place almost like a nervous twitch. When I call him to come to me he won't come it's almost like he can't he's trying to but he can't go. I took him outside and he just walked in circles and lay down and did that same thing over and over. He won't eat and he won't use bathroom. It's 3:33 p.m. right now and he's been this way since I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. I don't know what to do please help me I love my dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what your dog ate?

No ma'am I didn't. I'm just going to be honest I have a roommate that I just found out is on methamphetamine and is moving out as we speak so I don't know maybe if you got a hold of some of that. And I also have an ex boyfriend that does crazy stuff when he gets mad and he may have hit him or something I really don't know

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No ma'am

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/24/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

You can upload a video to YouTube or a similar app and then give me the link to it. I'd like to see what you're seeing, please.

Its on YouTube. Its named Gunner L. Hogan
Bare with me I'm at work and I only have 10 minutes left on my break

I got lucky and found the video. He appears to be hallucinating rather than tremoring or seizuring. This is consistent with the ingestion of prescription or recreational drug.

Will he stay that way?

This behavior is consistent with the ingestion of a prescription or recreational drug. It's not indicative of a tremor or seizure syndrome. Treatment would be supportive and symptomatic only - heavy sedation or light anesthesia given by a vet. It's very unlikely that it will persist as that would mean permanent brain damage which isn't likely considering how well he is otherwise. I suspect that he's hallucinating.