Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Phoebe. She had stiches from a cyst removal. She tore all of…

She had stiches from...

She had stiches from a cyst removal. She tore all of them out and had to be restitched. She pulled one out, even with a cone!! It's just a little pink hole. I have since put long baby pants on her so she can't bother it. It's not bleeding just the normal pink watery discharge. Do I really need to do anything else? She is on antibiotics.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Phoebe's name and age?

Phoebe and she is 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Phoebe?

Nope. She's a larger schnoodle, 21 lbs. VERY active, altho she's mad wearing the pants and just lays looking sad,which I believe is a good thing.

3/24/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Can you send me a photo of the incision please?

Paul

How do I do that?

Just attach photo to this link using the paperclip on the toolbar

Paul

It keeps failing to send.
I just can't find a clip to attach it.

Sorry- this site is very frustrating sometimes

The paperclip should be on the toolbar on your screen

Paul

can i send it in messages?

Got it

Give me a minute

Paul

It looks like it's scabbing over. It was really pink yesterday

Okay that incision does not look too bad

It just needs a few more days to heal up

Keep on antibiotics and keep the pants on :)

You are doing a great job!

Please update me tomorrow

Paul

Thanks so much!! She's my baby!! I've spent a fortune on her in the last week and my husband & I are both out of work. The restitching was $200! Then she a dental and a biopsy, so $$$! Pants came from a consignment store. $1......wish I'd thought of that from the beginning!!

You are very welcome

I will look for your update tomorrow

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Good afternoon! Phoebe seems to be feeling much more herself. Another stitch popped but overall it looks good. Not much weeping and not nearly as deep as last week. It's in a bad place so to be honest I'm not sure more stitching at this point would do much. She's too active and nearly right on the bend of her knee so that any time she bends it puts tension on the stitches.

How is Phoebe today?

Paul

Doing really well. It definitely looks good with a bit of scabbing. No drainage at all. Trying to keep her quiet but that's not easy!! I managed to cut her pants so she can pee & poop without having to remove them, so that's a plus!! Thanks for checking back!!

Great and welcome!

Paul