Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He chewed up a 1/4 full bottle of Lucas Oil Fuel Injector…

Customer Question
He chewed up a...

He chewed up a 1/4 full bottle of Lucas Oil Fuel Injector cleaner within the last 2 hours. He and some of the oil on his due around his but like he had sat in it. He is already having some diarrhea

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Lab 2 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes canine black lab 2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Lab's name?

Bear

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bear?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Bear ingested the injector cleaner. Since it was a significant amount and he is already having diarrhea, I recommend getting him to the vet for treatment with activated charcoal to bind the toxins and get them out of his system. Your vet may also recommend IV fluid therapy to help flush the toxins out.