Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a puppy, 15 weeks old, won't eat, no energy, just…

Customer Question
I have a puppy...

I have a puppy, 15 weeks old, won't eat, no energy, just laying around sleeping a lot and has been having diarrhea since this morning and started throwing up a little bit ago and I don't know what's causing it. Is there anything I can do for him? Help plzzzz

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

He just got a distemper and parvo shot last weekend.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/24/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not feeling well. With the signs he is showing, I worry about parvovirus even though he has been vaccinated. In rare cases, they get parvovirus even if they are vaccinated. Since it's such a serious infection, I would get him to the vet to make sure this is not the cause of his signs. They will also want to check his stool for intestinal parasites and bacterial overgrowth. Another possibility is that he ate something that he should not have, that was toxic and/or got stuck in his intestines. Since he's so small, I would get him to the vet soon for supportive care like anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea medication, as well as fluid support.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian