Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma It spread to his…

My dog was diagnosed...

My dog was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma It spread to his liver, pancreas and intestines. They removed a lemon sized tumor from his liver. Is there a natural treatment we can give to prolong and give him a good quality of life.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is your dog's name and age?

His name is***** is 12 years old. He is a Havenese. I believe this is an aggressive cancer.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Teddy?

12 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Teddy?

No only that he is the sweetest dog ever.

3/24/2018
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. He has Hemangiosarcoma that has spread to his liver, pancreas and intestines.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation with your guy Teddy. The hemangiosarcomas are a very aggressive tumor and they are unfortunately not good news. You've asked a very good question about a therapy that can help prolong his life and give him the best quality during that time. Obviously there is the allopathic approach through the use of chemotherapy. This is an option some owners pursue. IF an owner doesn't pursue this, there is a natural treatment that has had some positive studies with it. There is a mushroom supplement that a paper out of the University of Pennsylvania Vet school showed it to have beneficial properties. Here is the link to the website on it. It is a mushroom product extract called I'm Yunnity. Is something that could be of benefit here.

https://www.imyunityfordogs.com

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you,

I'm glad to give this as an option. It is something that is still being looked at and studies ran on it. I tell clients that it is something that has the potential to help and at worst, make a small ding to the pocket book. I'm hoping for the best for him! Give him a good ear scratching for me since I can't.

Here is another link on that product as I see the previous website is doing some updates.

https://vetgirlontherun.com/mushroom-im-yunity-used-treatment-canine-hemangiosarcoma-vetgirl-veterinary-ce-blog/

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian